[mythtv-users] Remote Control Replacement

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Fri Jul 20 18:15:03 UTC 2012

On 07/20/2012 12:41 PM, Brian Long wrote:

>> Hey, I got my Harmony One, applied the 550 setting against it and it
>> worked perfectly.  (Except for the Menu button, which always required
>> tweaking.)  My IR receiver just worked with it. Its a very nice
>> device.  Good weight and size. Responsive.  Good button feel.  And I
>> only have to deal with the touch screen when I am switching devices.
>> Thanks for the recommendations, everyone.
>

> Does Radio Shack make remotes any more?  I cannot find their branded
> remotes, but I have an older one which is giving me fits.  Some buttons I
> have to press extra hard to get them to transmit.  I believe Radio Shack
> sourced them from All-in-One?  I'm looking for a remote less than $50 as
> I'm not willing to spend $150-$200 on a Logitech Harmony.  :)

If you do some google you can find the All-in-One model matching your RS
unit. Generally only superficial cosmetic changes. Or look for one of
the down-range Harmony units which match the RS/AiO units in
functionality. I picked up an open-box/returned Harmony 330 for $20 at
Best Buy about a year ago. Great unit and for $20 I could not lose.

G.