[mythtv-users] lirc and hauppauge wintv-dcr-2650

Igor Cicimov icicimov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 02:01:48 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 6:25 AM, jacek burghardt
<jaceksburghardt at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have mythtv 0.25 installed and hauppauge wintv-dcr-2650.  it shoud
> send it remote control signal back to lirc when I upgraded my arch
> linux to 3.4.4 kernel lirc stoped working with hauppauge
> wintv-dcr-2650. Dows any one hase any sugestions on how to fix it ?

Check for changed lirc config files under /etc/lirc. Probably your old
working lirc hardware file /etc/lirc/hardware.conf got overwritten during
the upgrade (happened to me). Usually there is back up taken of the old one
automatically during the upgrade but if not you need to recover from backup
(hope you have one). Also check if everything is ok with the ~/.lircrc
file. This is just general directions not sure if there is anything more
specific for your particular remote.

Igor