[mythtv-users] OT: unreliable firmware load after cold boot

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jul 19 21:27:27 UTC 2012

On 07/18/2012 03:54 PM, Warpme wrote:

> Oh well - this approach was my first try.
> I was trying blacklist all relevant modules to have clear starting point
> and next write small script allowing to load them "reliably".
> Issue is that after blacklisting all modules for this card it still
> loads. Probably there are some other modules - common with other cards -
> which are triggering load of modules for this card. Now I potentially
> have to cover not only this feral card but also modules for other - well
> working - cards.
> I decided stop this concept and listen what some more knowledgeable ppl
> will say here...

Most of the tuner modules rely on i2c-core and other stuff so you cannot
avoid that being called. I only removed the exact drivers which the
'top' module uses.

You could try using modinfo, but it will not necessarily disclose the
hardware modules upon which the top driver depends. At least that's the
situation with this card: the other two modules are not "dependencies"
listed by modinfo.

G.