[mythtv-users] Sound in mythtv but no where else

F.B. Parker fbp.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:58:39 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 5:08 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>wrote:

> You said HW:0,3 worked for you. So in your asound.conf or tlocal .asoundrc
> you add:
> pcm.!default {
>    type plug
>    slave.pcm "dmix:0,3"
> }
>
> That's it.

Sound works fine for me in MythTV (0.25-fixes) but occasionally sound stops
working in Clementine (music player) and in Firefox. (BTW, I never have
been able to figure out what gets it working again, but eventually the
sound in Clementine and Firefox will just start working again.)

In mythtv setup, under the audio wizard my sound is set to

ALSA:iec958:CARD=SB,DEV=0

What would I put in asound.conf to do the equivalent of what you have shown
above?

-FBP