[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Gaming Edition

Andrew Stadt acstadt at stadt.ca
Thu Jul 19 16:01:55 UTC 2012

On 17/07/2012 11:29 PM, Bob wrote:
> Saw the HD-PVR "Gaming Edition" on sale a while ago, my (standard
> edition) is acting up.  Anyone tried this with mythtv?
IIRC, and to confirm what Steven mentioned, its essentially the same
unit (green vs blue led's) but it doesn't come with the standard cables
- just with this breakout cable to attach to your xbox's/ps3's/wii's
proprietary ports.  So basically you'll have to supply your own cables -
for most of us on this list we probably already have extras kicking
around, but it you don't, you'll need to take that cost into account.

Not to contradict Steven, as I'm not positive on this, but I was under
the impression  that it still had the IR emitter (so sorry guys, this
isn't away around the ir/kernel bugs that some guys have been having).

Cheers,

Andrew.

Andrew.