[mythtv-users] Remote Control Replacement

Geoff B geoffbon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:57:55 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 7:48 PM, jr  wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 11:05 AM, Geoff B wrote:
> > On Jul 15, 2012 2:11 AM, "jr" wrote:
> >> How does the Harmony One do for size.  It looks large.  I bought a
> >> large universal remote once about 15 years ago, and my better half
> >> found it awkward to use.   Eventually a note was nailed to it reading,
> >> "We need a new remote."
> >
> > Both I and my other half find the size fine, and the shape is curved
> enough
> > that it's easy to grip.  The buttons are laid out in a way that's
> reasonably
> > easy to find without looking, although I still rely on the (excellent)
> > backlight some of the time.
> > Cheers,
> > Geoff
>

> We went over to BestBuy and messed with one today.  Seems good.  I
> like the buttons.  So I ordered one off of Amazon.  Thanks for the
> suggestion guys.
>
> Geoff, could you take a look at that compatible IR receiver model and
> let me know?
>
> thanks again

Sorry for the delay replying on this one!  For reference, the first one I
bought, which *didn't* work:

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001M56DI0

The second one, which *did* work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180878754211&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:US:3160

If that eBay link doesn't work, the item which worked was labelled:

"HP 5070-2584 Media Center Remote Control IR Reciever w/Blaster Cable
438585-001"

HTH,

Cheers,

Geoff