[mythtv-users] 0.25 SQL CPU Load issues after optimisation
martin at mstubbs.co.uk
Thu Jul 19 13:14:47 UTC 2012
On 17/07/12 23:48, Another Sillyname wrote:
> I recently rebuilt my system from a .23 fixes setup to a .25 fixes
> setup using the Linux Mint Mate 13 repo's.
> While setting up and tweaking the system over the last couple of weeks
> I started to notice a couple of performance 'glitches' but had other
> things I needed to get setup correctly so they got my focus.
> I've now had time to do some analysis and this problem has been
> mentioned on the list before but I can't see a clear answer to it.
> My backend is a Quad core Intel Q6700 running at 2.66Ghz and has 4GB
> of memory. There are a couple of other services running from that
> server but it never runs at anything approaching it's load capability.
> The SQL database is becoming CPU bound on two of the cores in 'bursts'
> where two cores will peak at 100% usage for up to 50 seconds at a
I have had the same problem for a few months now. I moved the mysql
files onto an SSD and use memory for the tmp files but it didn't get any
better. I was wondering if the reason I have the problem and others
don't is because my system has a lot of active channels from Freesat and
Freeview and they are receiving continual EIT updates causing the
scheduler to run every few minutes.
I currently just accept that mythweb and the frontend "go to sleep" for
50 secs every few mins.
More information about the mythtv-users