[mythtv-users] Keeping builds up-to-date

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jul 19 08:40:31 UTC 2012

After years of running MythTV installed from packages I now have a local
build from the 0.25.2 tarballs, but I'm not clear of the best way to
keep it updated, if that seems a good thing to do.

The ATrpms packages use gitfixes.patch files;  I don't know how these
are created.  I haven't used git and don't know what resources it would
need at my end.  Would I do better to do a git clone instead?  Can I
rebuild small parts of the system if I want to try some out-of-tree
patch?  How?

I expect these questions are covered somewhere in the wiki, but I
haven't found it easy to find a concise and up-to-date set of
recommendations.  Any suggestions?

John P