[mythtv-users] Scheduling a recording for a show that I ended up watching live causes issues

Kevin kevin at eleventhree.com
Wed Jul 18 14:36:15 UTC 2012

Last night, I scheduled recordings for two shows, but I ended up being to
watch the shows live, but didn't alter the recordings.

For both shows, neither was actually recorded into the Default storage
group they were scheduled for. However, they did go into the LiveTV storage
group. That wouldn't throw any alarms but what did was checking the status
of these recordings last night after the shows finished, it still displayed
as "Currently Recording"... this still was the case when I checked again
this morning. The file sizes weren't increasing but something was hung up.

Any ideas what the problem was here?

A bit about my system:

   - Separate BE and FE.

   - BE:
   MythTV Version : 0.25-6.fc15 (1a671d0)
   MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
   Network Protocol : 72
   Library API : 0.25.20120408-1

   - FE:
   MythTV Version : v0.25.1-66-g4f6ac2a
   MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
   Network Protocol : 72
   Library API : 0.25.20120506-1

   - LiveTV storage group has 3 entries on 3 disks in a /live/ dir

   - Default storage group has 3 entries on the same 3 disks in a
   /recordings/ dir

   - Nothing extra is setup... everything is done through the myth protocol

Kevin
*eleven three . com*