[mythtv-users] New Android client for MythTV

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 13:17:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:
> * On Sat Jul 14, 2012 at 09:11:45AM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Files"... This works but I'm getting the same blocky issue I've read
>> about regardless of bitrate.
> That's the HLS fixes that have gone into trunk but have not
> yet been backported to 0.25.  If you compile from source, you
> can try bumping up the profile level in avformatwriter.cpp,
> but you'll probably want to upgrade to 0.26 when it comes out.
> the current master branch uses AAC audio instead of MP3 and
> has some logic in it to set the h264 level based on the
> output resolution, so it tries to adapt to the best quality.
> This was a simple solution for now, allowing the client to
> specify a profile level to use will probably come later.

Yup, I found your quick adaptive patch and applied it. It seems a bit
better but could be better. I may just force it to 3.0 or 3.1.

Now I just have to figure out why it's not streaming to my phone. I
tried stopping iptables just in case although I didn't think it was a
firewall issue and I've got SELinux set to permissive on my Myth box
already. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be anything helpful in
mythbackend.log even when I run it with verbose and there's nothing
helpful in the mythtranscode.log either.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list