[mythtv-users] Remote Control Replacement

Geoff B geoffbon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 02:50:16 UTC 2012

On Jul 14, 2012 5:07 PM, "jr" wrote:

> My four(?) year old Harmony 550 had a catastrophic encounter with a
> boot heel this afternoon.  As such, I am in search of a new remote to
> control my DVD, Roku, MythTV and Televison.  Anyone have a current
> favorite remote to suggest as a replacement?
>
> jr

I've had good luck with the Harmony One, initially in conjunction with a
HDHR as an IR receiver, and now with a cheap generic MCE receiver (it took
two different makes to get one that works with the Harmony - if you go this
route let me know, I'm happy to look up the model).
I'm using Mythbuntu 12.04,and besides Myth it drives an amp, TV,
Squeezebox, and a DVD player.
Cheers,
Geoff