[mythtv-users] New Android client for MythTV

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jul 13 23:51:45 UTC 2012

* On Fri Jul 13, 2012 at 01:36:56PM -0500, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Ok, a little closer. When I try to install jwplayer everything seems
> to work (no errors) but I still can't stream anything. Checking
> ~/.mythtv/3rdParty there's nothing there.
>
> Running mythbackend -v manually I get the following every time I hit
> the "Re-install jwplayer" button:
>
> 2012-07-13 13:32:59.896060 E  Timeout reading first line of request.
>
> This is on the latest fixes/0.25 (as of an hour ago).

I've seen this reported before but have been unable to reproduce
to troubleshoot.  From the master backend, try to download
ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/mythtv/3rdParty/jwplayer.zip and then
unzip that file in ~/.mythtv/3rdParty and it should create a
JW_Player subdirectory.  The reinstall button should then go away.
Make sure the JW_Player directory and contents are readable by
the user running mythbackend.

--
Chris