[mythtv-users] New Android client for MythTV

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Fri Jul 13 15:31:33 UTC 2012

On 12/07/2012 11:41, Daniel Frey wrote:

> So update your master backend to the latest fixes and try again.

Yep, that sorted it. :-) ... well mostly. I can't play BBC HD content
cleanly. I'm using SB Player which plays BBC HD cleanly when attached
via DLNA or Samba. With the Android client it looks like frames are
getting reordered. Or it could be just that frames are being dropped:
you can't drop frames with BBC HD, even coming up to an I-frame, because
it uses reference frames across I-frame boundaries. If frames are being
dropped, I don't think it's SB Player that's doing it, because it plays
the same content via different connections perfectly.

Still, it's close. Nice!

Cheers,
	Paul.