[mythtv-users] Intermittent audio problems on recordings (HVR-1900)

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 18:56:31 UTC 2012

Hi

Once in a while recordings made on an HVR-1900 tuner fail to record any audio.

On such recordings the video looks absolutely fine. The audio, when played
back on the front end, just sounds like occasional clicks. It's as if there
is a huge DC offset which saturates the audio inputs (but I'd expect there to
be decoupling capacitors in the circuits so this doesn't make sense).

I have to say that I have not found any patterns yet, I will begin to take
notes. I have four HVR1900 tuners. All four of them are connected to analogue
cable. Two of them are also connected to digital cable STBs via composite video
and analogue audio. I have so far not yet tied it down to a specific combination
of tuners / STBs / whatever.

Meanwhile, any suggestions?

Thanks, Jan