[mythtv-users] Gentoo compilation fails (TEXTREL) with MythTV master

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 11:52:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists at xunil.at> wrote:
> Am 30.06.2012 22:40, schrieb John Drescher:
>>> I just have mentioned that. The insides of the ebuild is from MarcT. But it
>>> fetches the source from my own repository. Whenever the repository changes
>>> due to an update (pull) from MythTV a script creates a new ebuild with this
>>> naming scheme.
>>>
>>> This stuff was working before. It just stopped working after the zeromq
>>> stuff was merged into MythTV.
>>>

>> Today I emerged directly from that overlay mt-mythtv:: without any issue.
>

> As there is no more 0.24 ebuild in both of the mentioned overlays:

There is 0.24-fixes in mt-mythtv but you have to switch branches using
this guide

https://github.com/MarcT/mt-mythtv/wiki

> Is it safe/recommended to upgrade to 0.25 "already" ? ;-)
>
> I am checking my backups ...

I did this 2 to 3 weeks ago and it was safe. Although the deadlocks I
had in 0.24 reappeared however after a patch that was pushed to the
0.25-fixes Mythtv git I do not see that any more.  In the upgrade
process I did however make a btrfs snapshot of my OS the day before
upgrading anything so I have a path to go back if needed.

John