[mythtv-users] how to make idle frontend exit?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Tue Jul 10 10:22:36 UTC 2012

Michael Watson píše v Út 10. 07. 2012 v 09:14 +1000:
> From my playing with the new "frontend idle" system, all it does it
> dull the screen, and place a message on the screen saying that it is
> idle.

yes, and that's what I want to change.

> I believe that is suppose to use the Backend Sleep command to
> shutdown the frontend

I didn't know about Backend Sleep command. Will check it out. But my
current setup works the way that whenever frontend exits or is killed
the frontend goes to sleep automatically. I don't need backend to
interfere in this.

> but I found it problematic, it would shut down
> the system immediately when playback of a recording/video had finished,
> shutdown when listening to music.

really? Then it's implemented incorrectly. I would think that when I
start a movie or a music it should play until the end (of movie or a
music queue) and THEN it should start measuring the user inactivity.

IOW, shutting down the system immediately when playback finished or
during a music plays is totally unacceptable.

> I agree, as Myth is supposed to be treated as an appliance, this is a
> feature that should be integrated into Myth.

Right. And it's indeed been integrated, at last. However, it seems to
have some glitches yet.

Petr