[mythtv-users] How to install Mythbuntu on XenServer?

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Mon Jul 9 11:27:39 UTC 2012

On 9/07/2012 8:01 PM, Phill Edwards wrote:
>> You could install a basic ubuntu, then install Mythbuntu with apt-get install mythbuntu-desktop
> Aaaah - that sounds like a good idea. I was wondering whether you
> could install Mythbuntu on top of an existing Ubuntu setup. I'll give
> it a try.
>
> Once you've installed mythbuntu-desktop, does it let you choose
> somewhere whether you're setting up a backend or a frontend?

If you only want to install backend, install with "apt-get install
mythtv-backend mythtv-frontend" will just install mythtv and is
dependencies, (note you need mythtv-frontend install to be able to
select language on first entry into mythtv-setup, after this you can
safely uninstall mythtv-frontend.

If you want a full frontend setup, then install mythbuntu-desktop for
the full Mythbuntu experience.