[mythtv-users] Problem with ACPI wakeup

Jan Johansson j2 at mupp.net
Sun Jul 8 20:11:09 UTC 2012

>I upgraded to v0.26-pre-800-gbde24c5 yesterday. And now my ACPI wakeup has stopped working. As this was >the first version i built that required me to load timezone info into mysql, I have a feeling that the problem may >be time zone related.
>
>Any hints to where I might start to troubleshoot this?

Sorry, I forgot to paste some relevant info that I had in a text document.

Below is what used to work.

Now, RTC is two hours behind local time, which makes sense, since I am UTC+1 and in DST

The alarm is set to wake up at 21:54 local time, which is what I expected. But apparently I now need to change a setting somewhere, or my wake up script to make this work.

j2 at MythBox:~$ cat /proc/driver/rtc
rtc_time        : 20:05:09
rtc_date        : 2012-07-08
alrm_time       : 21:54:00
alrm_date       : 2012-07-08
alarm_IRQ       : no
alrm_pending    : no
update IRQ enabled      : no
periodic IRQ enabled    : no
periodic IRQ frequency  : 1024
max user IRQ frequency  : 64
24hr            : yes
periodic_IRQ    : no
update_IRQ      : no
HPET_emulated   : no
BCD             : yes
DST_enable      : no
periodic_freq   : 1024
batt_status     : okay

/usr/local/bin/setwakeup.sh
#!/bin/sh
#$1 is the first argument to the script. It is the time in seconds since 1970
#this is defined in mythtv-setup with the time_t argument

echo 0 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm      #this clears your alarm.
echo $1 > /sys/class/rtc/rtc0/wakealarm     #this writes your alarm