[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup can't see dvb cards after kernel update

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jul 8 09:47:01 UTC 2012

On 06/07/12 11:56, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 10:49 PM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:

>>> Rescanning?  Channels are stored against the video source, which is
>>> completely independent from the tuner cards.  It takes all of a minute
>>> or two to delete your tuner cards, add them back, and attach the inputs
>>> back up to the video source.
>>

>> Yes, when it works.  I just rebooted to f16 3.4.2-1 / nVidia 295.59 / myth
>> 0.24.3 and did delete all, yes all, cards.  It still doesn't see any dvb
>> hardware.  Two cards have analog sections which do appear.  I tried
>> mythtvsetup -v all but didn't see anything that looked more informative than
>> I've reported before.
>>
>> Scott Harris sent a 'me too' to the ATrpms list.  Fortunately I can revert
>> to 3.3.7-1 / nVidia 295.49 and it Just Works.  I rescanned as well. That
>> _is_ painfree once the correct set of transports is in the DB.
>>
>> I suppose the problem ought to go to Fedora or linux-media but testing puts
>> the box effectively out of use.
>

> Just cross posting this thread:
>
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/522430#522430

That thread picked up on Lawrence's patch and reported success after
changing the dtv_multiplex mod_sys setting to DVB-S;  in my table it's
UNDEFINED, but the doxygen reference says that only DVB-S and DVB-S2 are
supported atm.  I'm using dvb-t hardware, so neither seems relevant.
Anyway, I wouldn't expect presence or absence of that field to affect
myth's /detection/ of the hardware, which is what I'm using as the
indicator of the problem.  This is v0.24.3-2-ge12af86.