[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 12.04 - Out-of-Box Transcode does not work

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 04:48:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 3:24 PM, Kingsley Turner <krt at krt.com.au> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently clean-installed my Mythbuntu to 12.04 - after 5 years of
> upgrading, the existing system was getting a bit tatty.
> (and for the most part everything worked fine, the new install/setup
> wizard is awesome.  I remember taking days to work out SPDIF sound before,
> and here it is out-of-the box!)

I remember spending multiple nights trying to get spdif working on a intel
mac mini and never getting it fully work/stable.  It seems to be working
for me nearly out of the box on ubuntu 12.04.  I had to uninstall
pulseaudio for it to work though (sudo apt-get autoremove pulseaudio) and
reboot.

(from the mythfrontend 0.25/fixes)
Setup -> Audio
Audio output device: ALSA:plughw:CARD=Intel,DEV=1
Digital Audio Capabilities: Check Dolby Digital, Check DTS