[mythtv-users] HD-PVR no audio half of the time

Steve Johnson sjohnson29 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 8 03:41:17 UTC 2012

Adding a longer sleep to the end of your channel change script should fix
it.  How long depends on your STB, and how long it takes to stabilize on a
new channel.

Alternately, you could try 0.25-fixes, which uses a different technique to
determine when the STB is stable before starting to record.  Note, however,
that one person has found 0.25-fixes to be even worse for them.
----------

Thanks for your quick response. It got me looking at my channel change
script. I use the 6200ch channel changer binary via firewire and about a
year ago I read about adding a sleep time at the end of my channel change
script (I think to fix a problem with zero byte recordings) so I put 6200ch
and a 2 second sleep into a script and used that. It worked great until a
LinHES upgrade last Nov/Dec when I started having these no sound recordings.
I guess I attributed the problem to the upgrade. Anyway, today set Myth back
to run the binary directly without any sleep time and it seems to be working
great. At least for live tv and the one recording I've done tonight. Only
more recordings will show for sure. But I'm hoping something in that upgrade
last Fall negated the need for the sleep delay after the channel change as
it is nice to be able to tune in channels without that 2 second delay
(especially in live tv).

Thanks again for your help. I'll try to respond again as I get more
recording results.

Steve Johnson