[mythtv-users] 0.25 Weather - Canada data messed up

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Sun Jul 8 00:25:48 UTC 2012

Hi Gavin!

On 7/7/2012 8:00 PM, Gavin Hurlbut wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Michelle Dupuis <mdupuis at ocg.ca> wrote:
>> I setup 3 weather screens, and 2 of them aren't right...
>>
>> Current conditions: Works great
>> Animated map: Always blank (location: hrpt_ont1_vis_100)
>> Six day forcast: Values a obviously wrong - not even close to this city
>> (location: London, Ontario)
>>
>> Any canadians out there have these working?  Tips on how to fix?
>
> What precisely did you setup?  What did you search on, what provider,
> etc?  It's quite possible that the scripts aren't working due to the
> data source changing formats, etc...  I can take a look at it if I
> have enough info.

For the six day forecast she wasn't using the EnvCan parser and it looks
like Wunderground is giving, at least for some locations, incorrect
information (I never want to go to London Ontario if the temperatures
they get there are like the ones I have seen the wundeground script
return... (-; ).

For the (EnvCan) animated map I can't get it working either... I called
the script directly and it built the animated gif file (which I have
verified is OK) but it's not displayed so it looks like either the
parsing of the output of the script or the displaying of the MythUIImage
is at cause here...

Have a nice day!

Nick