[mythtv-users] Recommended distro?

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Fri Jul 6 23:15:07 UTC 2012

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 18:17:12 +0100, Cecil Watson <knoppmyth at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 2:57 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 8:18 AM, Cecil Watson <knoppmyth at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>

>>> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM, David Litchman
>>> <david.litchman at gmail.com>

> Hi Nick,
>
> The production of new packages vary with our schedules (we only have 4
> core developers). We build packages for our testing >repo first then
> migrate it to production. We aim for stability (appliance) over rapid
> availability of packages.
>
> --Enjoy the day,
>
> Cecil

Cecil,

I wanted to try LinHES a while ago but gave up when it wouldn't install
onto a partition. It appeared to demand the whole disk. My system is tiny
compared to some on here (!) and I can't spare a whole disk. This seems a
serious limitation to me...

Am I correct about this ? And, if so, is there a reason for it ?

Regards