[mythtv-users] Deadlock in backend since latest .25-fixes update.

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 16:48:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM, jrh <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2012, at 2:14 PM, Tom Hayward wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM, jrh <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> As indicated in the title, I am currently experiencing deadlocks in the
>>> backend as below:
>>>
>>> I am on the latest .25-fixes built for
>>> mythbuntu: 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120703.1282eb3
>>>
>>> Prior to doing the updates yesterday, I had never had this problem. My last
>>> update prior yesterday was around middle of last week.
>>>
>>> Regards, and Help!
>>
>> I'm experiencing the same unresponsiveness and error messages (about
>> once every 2 days). My backend is slightly older:
>>
>> MythTV Version : v0.25.1-49-g65913e7
>> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.25
>> Network Protocol : 72
>> Library API : 0.25.20120506-1
>> QT Version : 4.7.4
>>
>> I just upgraded to mythtv-backend
>> 2:0.25.0+fixes.20120703.1282eb3-0ubuntu0mythbuntu3. We'll see if this
>> makes any difference. One of the backend lockups occurred when I was
>> using the frontend, just after finishing watching a recording. A
>> recording was in progress, but no reschedule was requested, so not
>> sure if this fix is relevant:
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/5eb9779
>>
>> Tom
>

> My previous version was 5b843c12.
>
> I have seen 3 deadlocks, since upgrading. Looks like it might be the culprit..
>
> I have to reboot the backend to fix it.

I would say it's the scheduler deadlock issue that's currently
"testing" in trunk to be included in 0.25-fixes, but the fact that
killing the backend process alone doesn't fix it, requiring a reboot,
makes me think otherwise as that works for me.

Perhaps a hardware/driver issue if a reboot is required?

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!