[mythtv-users] Recommended distro?

Kevon mythtv at reidsresidence.com
Fri Jul 6 00:28:55 UTC 2012

On 07/05/2012 07:21 PM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 07/05/2012 07:02 PM, Kevon wrote:
>> On 07/05/2012 09:00 AM, Karl Dietz wrote:
>>
>>> I'm quite happy with Mythbuntu. It has its set of quirks, but is a
>>> close as I could find an appliance style distribution.
>>> And it appears to have to biggest installed base according to Smolt OS
>>> stats http://smolt.mythtv.org/static/stats/stats.html
>>
>> How is this information generated/captured? I wouldn't trust its
>> accuracy considering there are missing distros. Another big error is no
>> one has more that 3TB of storage for myth. Really?
>
> Ahh Kevon, you have not been reading this list for very long. I can
> think of 3 or 4 mythlisters, off the top of my head, who have 5T + of
> storage.
>
> Geoff

Don't want to hijack the OP thread, but I have been hanging around here
for quite a while. I was pointing out that this information seems
erroneous since I have 16TB assigned to my recording sg and another 14TB
for videos. I didn't know it was a manually submitted information. Guess
I need to add my system information.