[mythtv-users] Recommended distro?

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Fri Jul 6 00:02:45 UTC 2012

On 6 July 2012 09:21, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:

> On 07/05/2012 07:02 PM, Kevon wrote:
>
>> On 07/05/2012 09:00 AM, Karl Dietz wrote:
>>
>>  I'm quite happy with Mythbuntu. It has its set of quirks, but is a
>>> close as I could find an appliance style distribution.
>>> And it appears to have to biggest installed base according to Smolt OS
>>> stats http://smolt.mythtv.org/**static/stats/stats.html<http://smolt.mythtv.org/static/stats/stats.html>
>>>

>> How is this information generated/captured? I wouldn't trust its
>> accuracy considering there are missing distros. Another big error is no
>> one has more that 3TB of storage for myth. Really?
>>

> Ahh Kevon, you have not been reading this list for very long. I can think
> of 3 or 4 mythlisters, off the top of my head, who have 5T + of storage.
>
> Geoff

I'm currently running Mythdora (fedora 12) based FE/BE which is getting
alittle long in the tooth but contemplating switching to Mythbuntu if not
for the daily builds alone, although I haven't had alot of luck with
getting my Dvico remote working on the test frontend I have setup which is
one reason why I haven't made the switch but I may have different results
with my imon remote (via Logitech Harmony)

as a stop gap I've considered packaging my own rpms and have almost got my
build environment work however haven't started testing due to WAF & CAF :)

Cheers,

Anthony