[mythtv-users] mythbackend hangs at: Upgrading to MythTV schema version 1304

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 18:19:56 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> And note that if you stopped the upgrade while it was in progress and then
> re-started and let it finish, you probably corrupted your DB data.  If so,
> restore the pre-upgrade backup and then let it complete without
> interruption.

While it will not help those with myisam db's, I wonder if a feature
patch adding start transaction;commit (and backout the failure cases)
in the performActualUpdate routine would be accepted (for those with
acid compliant engines).  It would increase some resource usage,
but could help deal with some failure modes.