[mythtv-users] 0.25 channel icons not being found/opened

Jonatan Lindblad mythtv at comhem.se
Thu Jul 5 16:39:05 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-05 17:49, Steven Adeff wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Greg Grotsky wrote:

<snip>

>> Not sure if you still have this problem Steve, but I just solved it on my
>> system. I found a thread titled: "Channel icons not shown" and a suggestion
>> to put the image files for the channel icons in ~/.mythtv/channels and
>> change the "channel icon pointers" to have no path in mythtv-setup. I just
>> did this and it doesn't report these errors any more.
>
> hrmm. it's too bad the channel icons are not a storage group, so all
> my frontends could obtain the icons from the same location. having to
> download them to each frontend is an unnecessary pain.

There actually is such a storage group, and If you follow Greg's advice
I'm quite sure it will work.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/cda7871fad69c83ba1f254ec5f0fa547f4bc1864

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/58fd2a556b6df98abe159bbe0713920afad57e29

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/519142#519142