[mythtv-users] Ceton 376 B recordings

Erik Jensen eriksjunk at laurelwoodart.com
Thu Jul 5 01:19:29 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > important recording because of it.
>
> Nope, haven't had any problems like this on my system. I've chimed in
> on this issue a few times in the past. As I mentioned before, 376
> bytes is enough for 2 TS packets...I'm assuming a PAT and a PMT. I
> would guess the card is supplying either data for the incorrect
> channel, or is supplying data myth can't handle (ie: encrypted). I've
> mentioned before that I've seen cases where channels that are normally
> CCI 0 Copy Free will occasionally tune with a CGMS analog copy
> protection. When you go back to check again the channel is back to CCI
> 0. No idea what causes that (some hiccup in the cable company's
> broadcast, I'd assume), but that's been my speculation as to the
> cause. Unfortunately, occurrences of that have been too rare and short
> lived for me to identify and do any meaningful testing/debugging.
>
> I've made the offer in the past to look at the 376 byte recording and
> the backend logs if somebody can reproduce this. In order for the logs
> to be of any use, I'd need you to have the channel and record verbose
> flags enabled.

I had this problem with 0.24, with at around 1 376B recording per day. The
weird thing was, as soon as I enabled extra logging to try to track it
down, the problem just went away. I disabled the extra logging, and the
problem came back. I eventually just left it on and everything was good.
Still don't know what was wrong, but everything seems to be working fine
with 0.25.