[mythtv-users] Channels, video cards and scheduling

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jul 4 06:51:42 UTC 2012

Alan Chandler wrote:

>I have just tried to replicate the same setup again, but its not
>working.  It appears the NovaT is being scheduled for HD programs.
>How can I tell mythtv that the NOVA T cannot see the HD channels?

What sources are your signals ? Did you add both cards (inputs) to one source ?

Simply, and it's come up several times recently here, you define two
sources - one with the Nova as an input, one with the Pinnacle as an
input. Scan for channels on both.
Each source now has access to the channels it detected during the
scan - if there's some you don't want to use, then either delete them
or mark them as not visible in the channel editor (or using an SQL
script).

The rest should now happen automagically.
--
Simon Hobson