[mythtv-users] lirc_zilog "chip failed" in latest module + Centos 6

Michelle Dupuis mdupuis at ocg.ca
Wed Jul 4 04:28:17 UTC 2012

I'm running the latest lirc_zilog (built from linuxtv download) to drive the IR transmitter in my HDPVR, and although the IR transmitting works, I quickly get a chip failed message as shown below.

I assume all of Jarod Wilson's patches are incorproated in the latest linuxTV files (I see a patch from 2009 but that seems dated).

Anyone else have this problem?  Or even better, a solution?

---------------
DMESG:

lirc_zilog: IR unit on Hauppage HD PVR I2C (i2c-0) registered as lirc0 and ready
lirc_zilog: probe of IR Tx on Hauppage HD PVR I2C (i2c-0) done
lirc_zilog: initialization complete
lirc_zilog: Zilog/Hauppauge IR blaster firmware version 2.1.0 loaded
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
lirc_zilog: i2c_master_send failed with -110
lirc_zilog: sending to the IR transmitter chip failed, trying reset
lirc_zilog: i2c_master_send failed with -110
lirc_zilog: sending to the IR transmitter chip failed, trying reset
lirc_zilog: i2c_master_send failed with -110
lirc_zilog: sending to the IR transmitter chip failed, trying reset
lirc_zilog: i2c_master_send failed with -110
lirc_zilog: sending to the IR transmitter chip failed, trying reset
lirc_zilog: unable to send to the IR chip after 3 resets, giving up

-----------------
MODINFO:

filename:       /lib/modules/2.6.32-220.23.1.el6.x86_64/kernel/drivers/linux/drivers/staging/media/lirc/lirc_zilog.ko
alias:          lirc_pvr150
license:        GPL
author:         Gerd Knorr, Michal Kochanowicz, Christoph Bartelmus, Ulrich Mueller, Stefan Jahn, Jerome Brock, Mark Weaver, Andy Walls
srcversion:     533BB7E5866E52F63B9ACCB
depends:        i2c-core,lirc_dev
vermagic:       2.6.32-220.23.1.el6.x86_64 SMP mod_unload modversions
parm:           minor:Preferred minor device number (int)
parm:           debug:Enable debugging messages (bool)
parm:           tx_only:Only handle the IR transmit function (bool)