[mythtv-users] myth protocol with 0.25fixes

DFishburn dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 03:48:37 UTC 2012

I just installed Mythbuntu 12.04 with 0.25 fixes.

I use 3 AppleTVs in the house running XBMC Eden 11.0 and use the
following URL to access recordings:
         myth://mythtv:***@192.168.1.40/

This has been working fine with version 0.21.

Now that I have upgraded, the only change I made was *** was replaced
with the new mysql password from the fresh install.

I have confirmed I can connect from the frontend (same machine) and from
my laptop (over the network) to mysql.

The mythbackend.log shows the following when I attempt to access that URL:

Jul  3 23:44:55 myth mythbackend[6156]: C ProcessRequest
mainserver.cpp:1259 (HandleVersion) MainServer::HandleVersion - Client
speaks protocol version 8 but we speak 72!
Jul  3 23:44:55 myth mythbackend[6156]: W ProcessRequest
mainserver.cpp:5801 (connectionClosed) MainServer: Unknown socket
closing MythSocket(0x9d8560)
Jul  3 23:44:56 myth mythbackend[6156]: W Socket mainserver.cpp:5801
(connectionClosed) MainServer: Unknown socket closing MythSocket(0x9bc330)

I get the same message when I attempt to use the MythBox plugin to XBMC
and test the database connection information.

My checking of the user forum has come up dry.

Is there anything else I need to do, to enable the myth:// protocol on 0.25?

Thanks,
Dave