[mythtv-users] Required development rpms for compiling MythTV Fedora

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Tue Jul 3 17:10:32 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 06:30 PM, Michael wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 03:23 PM, Jerry wrote:
>> I'm considering compiling MythTV from source and I looked at
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora
>>
>> which seems a little out of date. If anyone on the list using Fedora
>> has successfully compiled MythTV and satisfied the various
>> dependencies, could he/she pass along a list of the rpms that need to
>> be installed? I'm running Fedora 17, if that makes a difference.
>>
>> I would greatly appreciate it!
>> Jerry
>
> I am assuming you want to compile from source either to learn how to do
> it or to apply customer patches.
>
> Either way, I would take a look at the srpm from rpmfusion or atrpms for
> mythtv. It would list all of the dependencies necessary.
>
> it might even be easier to just use those rpms and add whatever changes
> or patches you want and rebuild.

I wrote the script which is on the wiki page and used it over the
weekend after installing Fedora17.
It is not a minimal list, There are other packages listed which are not
actual myth dependencies, and as of yesterday, it is missing a few
dependencies which master needs but which fixes does not yet require (
no t-shirt for that one...).

And it is missing a number of packages which do not get installed if you
use a liveCD and install from that, as compared to a DVD install.
But it gets you close.

Note that you still need to fix your /etc/ld.so.conf file and install a
mythbackend.service file for systemd to play with.

As Mike noted, the atrpms or rpmfusion spec files will give the minimal
list.

Geoff