[mythtv-users] Required development rpms for compiling MythTV Fedora

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Mon Jul 2 22:30:14 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 03:23 PM, Jerry wrote:
> I'm considering compiling MythTV from source and I looked at
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Installing_MythTV_SVN_on_Fedora
>
> which seems a little out of date.  If anyone on the list using Fedora
> has successfully compiled MythTV and satisfied the various
> dependencies, could he/she pass along a list of the rpms that need to
> be installed?  I'm running Fedora 17, if that makes a difference.
>
> I would greatly appreciate it!
> Jerry

I am assuming you want to compile from source either to learn how to do
it or to apply customer patches.

Either way, I would take a look at the srpm from rpmfusion or atrpms for
mythtv.  It would list all of the dependencies necessary.

it might even be easier to just use those rpms and add whatever changes
or patches you want and rebuild.

Michael