[mythtv-users] Ceton 376 B recordings

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Jul 2 17:13:20 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> important recording because of it.

Nope, haven't had any problems like this on my system. I've chimed in
on this issue a few times in the past. As I mentioned before, 376
bytes is enough for 2 TS packets...I'm assuming a PAT and a PMT. I
would guess the card is supplying either data for the incorrect
channel, or is supplying data myth can't handle (ie: encrypted). I've
mentioned before that I've seen cases where channels that are normally
CCI 0 Copy Free will occasionally tune with a CGMS analog copy
protection. When you go back to check again the channel is back to CCI
0. No idea what causes that (some hiccup in the cable company's
broadcast, I'd assume), but that's been my speculation as to the
cause. Unfortunately, occurrences of that have been too rare and short
lived for me to identify and do any meaningful testing/debugging.

I've made the offer in the past to look at the 376 byte recording and
the backend logs if somebody can reproduce this. In order for the logs
to be of any use, I'd need you to have the channel and record verbose
flags enabled.

--
Ron Frazier