[mythtv-users] Recording the same program at the same time using 2 different tuners.

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:19:35 UTC 2012

> Unless you are in the extremely odd situation of using *exactly* the same
> lineup for both, this should not be a problem. If you have only one lineup
> at Schedules Direct, then myth treats all of the tuners using the lineup as
> equivalent. This is actually unlikely, unless you are still in 'testing'.
> You will need 2 lineups.

I am using 2 lineups in Schedules Direct for some time. I had a
KWorld115 digital tuner connected before the Prime. I was planning to
ask the list if that (2 lineups) was still necessary with 0.25.

> If you have an analog lineup and a digital lineup, each channel should
> appear *twice*, unless you differentiate them by *channel name*. Usually an
> upgrade to the HDHR level means an upgrade to HD and the channel name will
> likely be different. All my OTA channels have an HD added to the channel
> name, so that WGRZ on analog cable, and WGRZ-HD on OTA, are two distinct
> channels. Use the channel editor if necessary.
>
> So:
> 2 lineups to separate them by tuner.
> Different names to avoid them being confused with each other -> two listings
> in the guide.
>
> Then select and set each show to record TWICE.
>
> Watch out for carpel tunnel RSI in your thumb!.

I was concerned that mythtv would prevent recording the same title &
ProgramID. I will have to try this soon. I was also unsure why Mythtv
was not trying to move analog recordings to the Prime in the case of
conflicts but I see for these recordings I have "Record at any time on
channel ." so that makes sense since the HDHR would have a different
channel.

Thanks a lot,
John