[mythtv-users] Re-recording damaged recordings

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 2 14:13:56 UTC 2012

I am using mythtv 0.25.

A few days ago one program that was supposed to be 1 hour only recorded
30 minutes. It is shown with a yellow dot in the listing on the front
end. However, although that episode is showing several times again, it
had not scheduled a re-recording of it. I have now gone into "Previously
Recorded" and selected it for recording again, and now it is scheduled
to record again.

My question is, should not mythTV do that automatically? If only 30
minutes out of 1 hour are recorded, can it automatically schedule it to
record again? Many times on cable channels, the program is repeated
later the same night, so it could easily record the damaged program again.

Peter