[mythtv-users] Mythweb .25 "does not exist in any recognized storage group"

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jul 2 13:25:47 UTC 2012

On 02/07/12 13:17, John Drescher wrote:
> On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM, Bruce Ruona <bruce.ruona at gmail.com> wrote:
>> when attempting to open any ASX or direct download, I'm unable to view and
>> receive an on-screen error:
>> [some MPG file name ] does not exist in any recognized storage group for
>> this host
>>
>> currently running MythTV-fixes .25 on Fedora 16-64 bit running a single
>> BE/FE and on a completely fresh build of both OS and Myth.
>>
>> I have a 2 TB Drive mounted as MythTV under the "Media" directory, and my
>> default storage group contains one directory "/media/MythTV/recordings"
>>
>> Permissions on MythTv and the recordings directory are correct
>> (mythtv:mythtv) I've even tried modd'ing to 777 with no change.
>>
>> I can record and watch programs on the FE.
>>
>> I've googled this and I see many solutions for this for Video and Music, but
>> not for the recorded programs?
>>

> Did you find a solution for that? I upgraded to 0.25 on Saturday and I
> have this problem as well. I do not see any errors in my apache logs.

I believe that subdirectories under the /media directory are intended for use
with removeable storage only e.g. flash drives, therefore they may be treated
differently than other mountpoints.

Try creating a mountpoint under /mnt, this is where permanent user storage is
often placed. Other possible locations might be under /opt or /srv depending on
your distribution.

--

Mike Perkins