[mythtv-users] Comcast, HDhomerun prime and mythtv

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 20:09:03 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 5:55 PM, Bryan Cromwell
<bcromwell.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Basic level techsupport was unable to assist, is there another group inside
> of comcast that I can contact to see about resolving these issues? Any other
> Comcast customers having this same issue?

Suggestions:

* First make sure you are on recent HDHR Prime firmware (there were
    some changes made to deal with no CCI).

* Second, it is my experience that most of those channels do have CCI
   *unless* the received signal is so poor that it is not possible to decode
   the stream.  So, tune the HDHR Prime (using either the CLI or GUI) to
   one of those channels, and then look at the signal monitor values (via
   the CLI, GUI, or the built-in web server).  If the numbers are poor, you
   may simply be receiving a bad signal.  To diagnose a bad signal, first
   remove any splitters/amps and plug directly into the wall and
   retest to insure it is not something in your cabling.  If the signal is
   still poor, call Comcast (they are responsible for getting a good signal
   to you).

Good luck.

Gary