[mythtv-users] MythBackend Suddenly swamping CPU on system

David Moore dmoo1790 at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 1 02:00:35 UTC 2012

On 01/07/12 13:46, Ben Kamen wrote:
> On 2012-06-30 8:36 PM, Tom Hayward wrote:
>>
>> I had the same issue starting at the same time, but a reboot seems to
>> have solved it (restarting just mythbackend didn't help).
>
> Hardware reboot!? :O
>
> Say it isn't so!!
>
> I did that and it seemed to fix the problem too.
>
> Ok - that's spooky.
>
> -Ben

Soft reboot for me. Restarting mythtv-backend did not help.

My system was powered off overnight but had the high CPU usage problem
this morning (power up about 3.5 hrs ago, 10:30 NZST). Also my
config.xml file was trashed (empty file) apparently when the frontend
shut down yesterday. Not sure if the two issues are related.