[mythtv-users] MythBackend Suddenly swamping CPU on system

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sun Jul 1 01:08:55 UTC 2012

Hey all,

  I have a server I built with CentOS 6.x and Myth 0.24 -- so far so good. Nothing out of the ordinary -- and with other priorities, I haven't even begun using it yet.

Empty schedules -- just the backend runs and pretty much does nothing.

Today it started swamping the CPU to 100% (AMD Phenom X4 640)...

top confirms its using everything not being used by everyone else. If I stop the backend, the pegged CPU's go back to something normal.

So I updated to 0.25 (via ATrpms) -- and no help there (I figured before anyone would ask, "are you on the latest version?" I would just make sure I was)

When I start MythBackend, my CPU's immediately peg.

When I stop it, they drop back to previously normal levels.

What can I send along to help determine what's going on? The log files in /var/log/ for mythbackend don't seem to reveal anything obvious.
(and they aren't very chatty)

Thanks!

   -Ben

p.s. Now when I stop mythbackend via /etc/init.d/  - I see this message:

Stopping mythbackend: Application asked to unregister timer 0x33000002 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.