[mythtv-users] 0.23 DVD rip results in wrong / slightly amusing counter values

Alan groups4 at dancecrave.com
Tue Jan 31 14:59:30 UTC 2012

> Message: 14
> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 22:20:46 +0100
> From: Karl Dietz<dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] 0.23 DVD rip results in wrong / slightly
> 	amusing counter values
> To:mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> On 30.01.2012 21:48, Nick Rout wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Alan<groups4 at dancecrave.com>   wrote:
>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> I am aware that mtd is defunct as in 0.24 but I am currently on 0.23 as
>>> I want to keep my server on 10.0.4 LTS
>> How does that prevent you upgrading to 0.24-fixes?
> Likely because he wants to keep the ability to rip dvds in mythtv?
>
>   >>  Has anyone experienced similar / have any tips for what I can try to
>   >>  fix the issue(s)?
>
> An alternative would be to switch to another ripper like vobcopy (its
> not perfect either, but works from the command line) so you can get
> the latest bug fixes in the video player by upgrading to 0.24-fixes.
>
> Regards,
> Karl
>
> PS: vobcopy doesnt rewrite the PTS when joining together multiple VOBs
> into one movie, which coult exibit the same time stamp issue, but IIRC
> it did work with a seektable.
Thanks for the help guys

Correct - I do want to use myth to rip the DVDs. I was just wondering if
anyone had any workarounds I could try for this very specific issue?

Thanks for the pointer to vobcopy for ripping

I'll look into mythbuntu repositories for 0.24. Sounds like a plan. I'd
like iPlayer support :)

regards

Alan