[mythtv-users] 0.23 DVD rip results in wrong / slightly amusing counter values

Alan groups4 at dancecrave.com
Mon Jan 30 19:59:19 UTC 2012

Hi All

I am aware that mtd is defunct as in 0.24 but I am currently on 0.23 as
I want to keep my server on 10.0.4 LTS

-Just transitioned to storage groups and have all video and screenshot
files in a dedicated video directory separate from the main TV recordings.

-This system has been running for several years and the database
upgraded in place since the early days of Mythtv.

I have been ripping some of my old DVDs using the built in rip
functionality because I am too old / lazy to get up and put the DVDs in
the tray. Some work fine and in some the counter is wrong ie it gets to
17:21 of 17:21 and stays there for the rest of the film, or in some
cases it refuses to play.

It is a ripping / MTD issue as it does the same thing when playing the
files in VLC on a different machine.

Has anyone experienced similar / have any tips for what I can try to fix
the issue(s)?

I have run mtd on CLI and the output does not appear to show anything
untoward. I also run the front end in verbose and it looks similar for
all the rips.

I tried to build a seek table for one for the files and to gets to 220%
(!) but that doesn't make a difference.

Please help, I'm at a bit of a brick wall with this and have promised
this functionality to my other half who has now been telling all her
friends how wonderful the system is

thanks and regards

Alan