[mythtv-users] newbie just starting up mythbuntu

David Sims simsdw56 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 03:37:34 UTC 2012

The tuner device is capable of both analog and digital channel tuning.  In
Linux only the digital tuning was supported by the driver for a time and
later the analog was merged in.

==== From the LinuxTV site...
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-950Q
A hybrid ATSC USB 2.0 device by Hauppauge.
The digital side of the device is supported under Linux since kernel 2.6.26.
Analog support was merged into the mainline v4l-dvb tree on March 18, 2009.
====

Think I might be getting closer to launching the Live TV.  Looks like an
attempt to start LiveTV recording has failed when looking at the
MythFrontend.log

2012-01-29 19:06:46.808 Using protocol version 63
2012-01-29 19:07:26.808 TV Error: StartRecorder() -- timed out waiting for
recorder to start
2012-01-29 19:07:26.808 TV Error: LiveTV not successfully started
2012-01-29 19:08:20.052 Deleting UPnP client...

I used Michael's suggestion on the audio setup.  Was pretty much ignoring
that audio setup for the moment.  Just wanted to get the video portion
working first.
Still having some peculiar errors with the zap2xml.pl script for the tv
listings.  When I try to use mythfilldatabase I am getting these errors...
Not sure if it is because of the video/sound setups prior to this or not.

2012-01-29 19:28:06.644 Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
I19609.tvlistings.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.
2012-01-29 19:28:06.644 Unknown xmltv channel identifier:
I20292.tvlistings.zap2it.com - Skipping channel.