[mythtv-users] Vaapi use on Sandy Bridge

kenkyee at yahoo.com kenkyee at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 00:31:41 UTC 2012

> William Otten <williammotten at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless there is another solution to the error, I'm waiting on a patch:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/commit/?h=7.11&id=9b3ac17991b3b421591111f863f0583ef2f06a01

FWIW, I agree it looks like this is the issue.
So you could grab the source code for the intel Mesa driver and rebuild it from here:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/
The 8.0RC2 looks like it'd have that patch in it.

What's fuzzy to me is what happens to dist-ugprade after you do this.  I've built subversion from source
code before and when dist-upgrade tried to upgrade it later, the file
CRC's didn't match so it didn't know how to uninstall/install the latest version...I had to delete all the files and then install it via apt...