[mythtv-users] "Split screen" with live-tv or replay recording

Jogchum Reitsma j.reitsma at concepts.nl
Sun Jan 29 20:17:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Since my upgrade from OpenSuse 11.4 to 12.1 mythtv doesn' t play
recordings or live-tv correctly. It compresses the height of the image,
and displays it twice above each other, with some black between it.
Full-screen or not doesn' t make a difference in this behavior.

If I play the recorded files through vlc or kaffeïne the display is
correct, so the recordings seem to be OK, only displaying is wrong.

I set the monitor aspect ratio to 16:9, which should be OK.

Surely there' s something wrong in my set-up, but what?

Thanks for your help!

regards, jehojakim