[mythtv-users] newbie just starting up mythbuntu

David Sims simsdw56 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 29 01:37:23 UTC 2012

Hello mythtv-users,

Just trying to get started with mythtv (mythbuntu).
Installed the software from a downloaded ISO.  Has most everything I needed.

Went through what I thought was the proper setup for the backend and
Looks like channels were found during the frontend setup but I am unable to
run live TV.

The frontend terminates after several minutes.
TV tuner/capture device is a USB WinTV-HVR 950Q attached to an external
System has a dual core Intel Celeron processor with 2gb of memory.
Disk drive is a 230gb SATA.

Anyone have some step by steps on how to set up this first mythbuntu test

Any assistance would be most appreciated.  Thank you.