[mythtv-users] Vaapi use on Sandy Bridge

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jan 28 16:49:24 UTC 2012

On 01/28/2012 10:28 AM, william otten wrote:
> I'm trying to get debugging setup and am having trouble. This what I have
> done.
> Then I ran this command in terminal:
> william at CI5:~$ gdb mythfrontend -x gdbcommands
> "/usr/bin/mythfrontend": not in executable format: File format not
> recognized

If you run:

file /usr/bin/mythfrontend

you'll find that Ubuntu renames mythfrontend binary and puts a script
called mythfrontend in its place.  The mythfrontend script sets up the
environment properly (so you have a proper HOME directory and
configuration to allow mythfrontend to run properly), then runs the
binary--which they call mythfrontend.real.

So, you need to set up a proper environment, then redo the same thing
you've done, but using /usr/bin/mythfrontend.real as the application name.

Mike