[mythtv-users] MythBackend will not idle with MythFrontend connected

Mark Lord mythtv at rtr.ca
Sat Jan 28 15:11:40 UTC 2012

On 12-01-28 10:08 AM, Mark Lord wrote:
> On 12-01-28 09:16 AM, Ray Kinsella wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Using mythtv .23 on mythubuntu.
>> I have a problem where the Mythtbackend will not idle while the Frontend is
>> connected.
>
> That is exactly how it is supposed to work!
> If a frontend is connected (running), then the backend won't shut down.
> Otherwise it would be very difficult to watch anything.  :)

I suppose a better way for this to work might be to have mythfrontend
"time out" after XX minutes of no activity, and disconnect from the
backend to allow shutdown to happen.  But still remain running,
and auto-reconnect if any UI activity happens (eg. input received
from keyboard / remote-control).

MMmm... I might just patch my copy here to work that way.
Seems logical enough.