[mythtv-users] Program auto-expired within 30 seconds of recording

Frank Hartmann soundart at gmx.net
Sat Jan 28 12:10:25 UTC 2012

R KANNAN <rk111810 at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I had scheduled to record a program to record from 10:59 PM to 12:01 AM
> yesterday. Within 30 seconds of completing the recording the recording
> Auto-expired and was deleted. There is a 'libpng' error and a  'Preview Error'
> which might be the reason for the program to be deleted.
>
> Any ideas on what could have gone wrong??

Hi,

the same happened here. It was not one of my normal regular expression
based recordings, but a single recording of a movie.

My current theorie is, that some priorities are assigned to different
type of recordings somewhere. And that the deletion of records is
based on a score calculated by the recordings age and priority.

After some clicking I found something like "delate oldest" records
first. It did not happen since, but I did not record something that way
either.

Sorry for the vague menue descriptions, I do not have English as menu
language.

regards
  Frank